It is Public Health’s job to protect our forces and local communities from a vast array of illness and disease by minimizing health risks within our community. A few of our responsibilities include:
- Oversee medical clearances for personnel deploying (31 days or greater) or going TDY (30 days or less)
- If you have been tasked for deployment or TDY, please contact our office by emailing our Distro.
- Control disease transmission through patient interviews and investigations
- Vector Surveillance Program; Note: Service members, retirees and/or dependents may bring a tick that has been attached to themselves or pets to the Public Health office to be sent off for identification and testing.
- Conduct food safety and defense Inspections. Assess risks associated with food preparation, storage and serving in different food and public facilities.
- Any food-related events will need to be routed through Public Health
- Advise health care providers and personnel on workplace hazards.
- Conduct hearing exams for those exposed occupationally.
- If you require a hearing test, please contact the PH distribution list for further assistance.
- Provide travel medicine recommendations.
- In accordance with 66th ABG policy, the travel intake form must be submitted at least 30 days in advance of travel date.
- Submit the form to the PH distribution list.